Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing blog

In class today I worked on editing with my group. After the first day of editing the computers wouldn’t turn on. After a few classes we got laptops to work on the editing of the commercial. Then our laptop didn’t open the editing software. So my group decided to work on a phone with IMovie.  The first scene to edit was our actor walking down the hallway so editing that wasn’t important. We decreased the volume for the scene. The second scene was our actor walking down the stairs. Again we just decreased the volume but also cut a few seconds off to cut to the next scene smoother. The next scene was our actor walking down the stairs and me walking out and our actor saying “hey wait up”.

I selected the best “hey wait up” from all of them and put it with the best shot of the ones we took.  Then my group edited the next section. It took a long time finding the correct music to use. As a lot of the options we found could not be used with IMovie. Since IMovie  doesn’t allow copyrighted music. We finally selected a song from IMovies song selection area. And then added that to the background of our commercial. I was the person to judge the commercial and see if anything needed to be added or changed from the final commercial. The song that was chosen was Sun Room by Drift Mob Orchestra.

During the editing process there were a lot of hiccups. Such as the computers not working the first day, and the laptop not working. Even after the long wait we were able to do our commercial. I hope our commercial is good and gets a good grade. I had fun doing this project. My teacher said our next group project is about a music video. I am already thinking of songs to do. It will be a lot of fun doing the music video. I hope I can do more with the music video, compared to not doing much with the first project. And I hope the laptops work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Pratice Essay

Film 5. I n relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. Audience consum...